Finished project – Linnea socks

I’m definitely having a bit of a love affair with socks at the moment. These guys were cast on a week or so after finishing my Hortensias, and in fact this post was almost a twofer because yesterday I finished a pair of Twyllas (but have decided that they warrant both a) blocking and b) their own post, because they’re awesome – there’s a little preview down below for anyone impatient). Three pairs in two months is a wild new high for me – I’m not sure I’ve managed even two pairs in the same year before. The link, keenly observant readers might have noticed, is that they’re all CoopKnits patterns. I am having a lovely time working my way through vol I of Socks Yeah!, basically (and I almost, almost cast on for a fourth pair yesterday, before deciding that my neglected Driftwood needed some work first).

Right, I’m wandering off topic. This is a pair of fuchsia Linneas. They are VERY PINK, very structural, and I’m very pleased with them.

Untitled
Fun with mirrors

I dug into my stash for this yarn, which was a secret santa present at work a year ago. It’s not a fancy-pants sock yarn, it’s a basic workhorse yarn from Tiger (which is not known for its exotic knitting-related wares, as far as I know). It’s 75% non-specific wool and 25% nylon, which is perfectly appropriate for socks.

Untitled

And you know what? It knits up just fine. It was a little scratchy to work with but after blocking the socks soften up nicely and I can already tell that they’re going to be good and hard-wearing. Well done, Tiger.

Untitled

The pattern caused me a few gauge issues – there’s a lot of twisted stitches which means it’s less stretchy than the lace Hortensias. So I experimented, and cast-on for the medium size (72 stitches around) while using 2mm needles. The only mods I made were to do an extra pattern repeat on the leg and to do two extra rows on the heel. And the experiment paid off – they fit perfectly. Yay me.

Untitled

I like them a lot – they’re form-fitting and interesting to look at. Definitely another CoopKnits win (she’s a clever lady).

Untitled

Pattern: Linnea socks from Socks Yeah Vol 1 by Rachel Coopey
Yarn: Strømpegarn from Tiger in Fuschia
More details: Ravelry project page

And here’s a sneak peek of the Twyllas I finished yesterday. They are ace so expect a post on them very soon.

Twyllas made by felinityknits
Mmm, grellow

Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed this post then please use the buttons below to share, like, or leave me a comment.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s