Yikes, I missed the Thursday slot – sorry Team Sock. It’s been a busy time chez Felinity and Thursday came and went without me even clocking it was the first one of the month. Probably not helped hugely by the fact that I don’t have all that much to report – my Helical socks have been languishing in their project bag, almost but not quite finished, for about three weeks.
Just a bit of leg and cuff to go and they’ll be done, which is annoying because I’ve been carting them around with me every day but failing to knit even on my commute, tsk. (One of my knitting truths, sadly for me, is that when things are very busy and extra stressful, my knitting suffers – while I find it soothing and mindful, it’s also the thing that gets dropped during the week when I’m in the up-work-home-eat-shower-bed cycle). So things have been a bit neglected. HOWEVER:
1. I’m going to get these finished in October! I am!
2. I did still manage to cast on for my Passerine Hat last Sunday as the first of my Good Intentions Club projects
3. I’ve nearly finished the second of my Belyse gloves
The latter two proven by this photo, which Katherine encouraged me to take – it is most (not actually all) of the things on my needles right now. (I need to get that second Twisted Soul sock cast on and finished – do we reckon before Christmas is possible? Hmm.)
I am also, even though I’m reasonably content being in the middle of my yarn ban, hankering after new sock yarn (I know, I know). Family and friends who are looking for Christmas present ideas – watch this space! I am going to do a round-up of the perfect gifts for the knitter/sock-knitter in your life (and if those gifts happen to be ones that I personally would appreciate, well, do whatever you like with that information).
Have a look at what my knitting sock buddies are up to this month:
- Paula from Spin a Yarn has finished some bee-yoo-ti-ful Hermione’s Everyday Socks.
- Katherine from Fiber and Sustenance has made some ridiculously adorable baby socks.
- Stefanie from Wooly Cakes and Wooden Spoons is doing a really interesting construction for some socks this month – one long tube with afterthought heels and toes being added later (one for my to-do list!).
And, as ever, say hi if you’d like to join in with our monthly sock updates (everyone’s welcome). For that matter, say hi even if you don’t want to join in 🙂