(Hoody? Hoodie? Eh, *shrug*)
My first finished jumper for five years!
I’ve already told you the story of my love affair with this pattern. Nothing further to add, really, beyond the fact that I ended up finishing this jumper 13 months to the day after casting on, which if I were superstitious I would link back to its doomsday start (finishing date was also 13 months to the day after the Br*xit referendum, sigh). ANYWAY, inauspicious start dates aside, my heart belongs to this jumper and here I am looking appropriately gleeful in various spots around the garden this afternoon.
- Used a different yarn (DK rather than the Aran in the pattern), which makes this a smaller and more fitted pullover. It’s also a recycled cotton/silk/viscose blend, which gives the finished item a good level of warmth for transitional seasons (not that we’re there yet!) – perfect for those nights at the end of summer rolling into autumn.
- Knitted the body length and sleeve lengths to my preferred dimensions (a little longer than the pattern states)
- Did some good mathsing to get the sleeve caps just-so, given that my row gauge was different to the pattern gauge
- Revamped the hood construction (loosely based on what I did for my Vivian Hood)
- The Revive yarn is super-strong, which makes it perfect for those rufty-tufty cables. And the colour is heaven – it’s not come through in all these pics, but the more vibrant mermaid-green ones are the closest.
- The hood is a little big. But I’m very happy with the reshaping I did on the crown, which rounds it and gets rid of that pixie-point.
- Despite being convinced I’d knitted this thing about 10 inches longer than the pattern, I could have comfortably made a few more inches even longer for it to be utterly perfect for me.
- Ahh, I love it so.